After upgrading to Standard or Suite, Live still launches as Lite or Intro
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
After you've upgraded to Standard or Suite, you may find that when you launch Live, it still launches your pre-upgrade version (Lite, Intro). This can happen because the version of Live that launches by default is based on the currently authorized version in your Ableton user account. It is not defined by the Live installer.
To remedy this, it is recommended to re-authorize your current version of Live.
- Open Live's Preferences in your current Live installation
- Show the "Licenses / Maintenance" tab
- Click "Authorize at Ableton.com"
- Select the appropriate license in your user account
There is a secondary way to solve the issue.
- If the above steps didn't solve the problem, completely uninstall and remove your previous Live installation(s).
- For Windows: How to Uninstall Live Completely (Win)
- For Mac: How to Uninstall Live Completely (Mac)
There's no need to keep previous versions of Live installed. Your new installation will work regardless of whether previous versions are currently installed on your computer. Information about upgrades is based on your user account, and not on what versions are currently on your computer.
When installing a new Live version, the current authorization is applied automatically.
Under very rare circumstances, Live might not switch to the correct full version immediately after authorizing. In this case, simply quit Live and your web browser and then start Live again to bring up the correct version.