After upgrading to Standard or Suite, Live still launches as Lite or Intro
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
After installing a newly upgraded Standard or Suite license, you may find that when you launch Live, it still launches your pre-upgrade version (Lite, Intro). This can happen because the version of Live that launches by default is based on the currently authorized version in your Ableton user account. It is not defined by the Live installer.
To fix this, you need to re-authorize your current version of Live.
- Open Live's Preferences in your current Live installation.
- Show the "Licenses / Maintenance" tab.
- Click "Authorize at Ableton.com".
- Select the appropriate license in your user account.
If the above steps didn't solve the problem, you can completely uninstall and remove your previous Live installation(s).
- For Windows: How to Uninstall Live Completely (Windows).
- For Mac: How to Uninstall Live Completely (Mac).
There's no need to keep previous versions of Live installed. Your new installation will work regardless of whether previous versions are currently installed on your computer.