Increase/decrease the global tempo with 2 mapped MIDI buttons
- Live Versions: 1 - 10
- Operating System: All
Set up 2 buttons on your MIDI controller to send the correct CC messages and map these using the 'Relative (2's Comp.)' controller type to increase/decrease the set tempo.
Set up your MIDI controller:
(You will need to use the proprietary software included with your controller to do this.)
- Configure 2 buttons on your MIDI controller to send the same Control Change number.
- Configure the values sent by the buttons when pressed like this:
- Set the value of button A (to decrease the tempo) to '127'.
- Set the value of button B (to increase the tempo) to '0'.
Map the buttons to the song tempo:
- Enable Live's MIDI mapping mode.
- Click on the global tempo field, press one of the controller buttons (both will be mapped because they are mapped to the same CC number).
- Set the Control Type in the Status bar to 'Relative (2's Comp.)'
- Exit MIDI mapping mode.
- The range of the mapped tempo is determined by the Min/Max parameter in the Mapping browser. A smaller range will result in smaller increments/decrements.
- To force tempo changes in integer numbers, set the Min/Max parameter to a tempo range by the power of 128 (eg. Min: 60, Max: 188)
- This procedure will work for other Live functions (Volume, Pan etc.) as well.