Select next scene on launch does not work with MIDI controller
- Live Versions: 7.0.12 - 9
- Operating System: All
The “Select Next Scene on Launch” preference doesn't work when launching scenes via MIDI controllers even though the option is checked in Live's Preferences. The currently selected scene is triggered, but Live won't select the next scene.
The MIDI controller doesn't send the correct MIDI data. Since version 7.0.12, this function requires two discrete MIDI CC or note velocity values to work.
Using CC messages:
- Configure the controller to send a CC > 64 on button press (e.g. value 127).
- Configure the controller to send a CC < 64 on button release (e.g. value 0).
Using note messages:
- Note on with Velocity > 0 triggers the currently selected scene.
- Note off with Velocity = 0 will select the next scene.
- This should work 'out of the box' with every MIDI keyboard.