How to disable exclusive mode for audio devices (Windows)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows
If audio is not working in Live then you may need to disable exclusive mode for audio devices. Otherwise only one application at a time can use your audio interface. This may happen if you're already playing audio or watching videos elsewhere on your computer and then you launch Live.
1. Right-click on the white speaker icon located on the bottom right-hand side of the screen:
2. Click "Playback Devices" or "Sounds":
3. Choose your interface and click "Properties":
4. On the Advanced tab, uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" box:
Note: The sample rate in Live must match the sample rate of Windows. Make sure that the sample rate shown on the Advanced tab matches the sample rate that Live is using.