No audio when using ASIO driver (Win)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows
- No Audio when using an ASIO driver with Live.
- Using the MME/DirectX driver works fine.
Most ASIO drivers allow only one application at a time to access a soundcard.
- Make sure Live is the only application accessing your sound card:
- Close all applications accessing the soundcard (e.g. Instant Messengers, Skype, Internet browsers, etc.)
- Disable the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth in Live:
- Open Live's preferences → MIDI/Sync
- Disengage the TRACK, SYNC, REMOTE buttons for the MIDI port of the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
- Re-initialize the driver by toggling the Live CPU load meter off and then back on.
- The latest driver for the audio interface should be installed. It is recommended to disable system sounds via the 'Sound and Devices' control panel (Sounds tab) of Windows. See this dedicated article which details how to optimize Windows for audio.
- These links offer some more information in case there is a problem with the audio signal:
Optimizing your audio setup
Audio Interface: Configuring the Inputs and Outputs
Audio signal plays out of the left or right speaker only
Unsupported audio drivers
Drum Racks and Slicing produce no sound