Opening sets in Live Intro that were created in Live Standard or Suite
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: All
Live Intro has a smaller feature set than Live Standard and Suite. A Set created with Live Standard or Suite might load in demo mode or be slightly changed when loaded in Live Intro.
- If the Set created with Live Standard or Suite doesn't exceed any of the Live Intro limitations, it can be loaded, edited and saved without any difference.
- If one of the following limitations is exceeded, the set can still be edited and saved as usual, but is slightly changed on loading:
- Since Complex and Complex Pro warp modes are not available in Live Intro, clips that use these modes will load in Beats mode when used with the Set.
- Since Live Intro only allows two stereo audio inputs/outputs, any additional channel routings will be muted (but can be manually adjusted to the two stereo channels).
- If any other limitations are exceeded, the Set can yet be loaded as read-only, switching Live Intro temporarily to demo mode, so saving and exporting are not possible. In this case, you have the following options:
- Open the Live set again in the version of Live in which it was created and remove the devices which are not available in Live Intro. You may need also to delete tracks if the track count is over the limit available in Live Intro (16 tracks for Live 9 Intro).
- Alternatively, you could use the Freeze function.
- After Freezing the track(s), you could move one step further and Flatten the tracks, which completely replaces the original clips and devices with their audible result.