'Media Files Are Missing' when using 'Collect All and Save'
- Live Versions: 6 - 10
- Operating System: All
This article should help you in case a Live Set is
- saved using 'Collect All and Save' but still opens up with a 'Media Files Are Missing' message in the Status Bar
- or samples used by a Live Set are not saved into a Project's dedicated 'Samples' folder.
A reason for these problems is that the Project was saved into an existing Project folder or Live's Library folder.
To resolve this please:
- Load the Live Set.
- Locate any missing samples using Live's File Manager.
- Use the 'Save Live Set As…' command from the File menu to save the Set into a new location that is NOT in an existing Project or the Library. This will create a new Project folder for the Set.
- Use the 'Collect All and Save' command from the File menu to copy the audio files used by the Set into the new Project folder.
Live treats existing folders as Project folders if they contain a subfolder called 'Ableton Project Info'. Don't save new Sets into such folders, in order to avoid nested projects.
For more information, please see the Live manual, chapter 5.6. ('Live Projects').