How to save plug-in parameter configurations
- Live Versions: Live 9.5 and later
- Operating System: All
For plug-ins with up to 64 parameters, all get configured automatically. If a plug-in has more than 64 parameters, you'd need to configure the parameters you want to see, edit or automate in Live's plug-in device manually in Configure Mode whenever you load an instance of this plug-in.
As of Live 9.5, you can save a desired plug-in parameter configuration as a default.
- Load a plug-in.
- Unfold Live's plug-in device.
- Enable Configure Mode and configure the plug-in parameters - add parameters and rearrange them to your liking.
- Once this is done, open the context menu on the plug-in device title bar and select "Save as Default Configuration".
- The parameter configuration is now saved as a default for this plug-in.
The VST and AU versions of a plug-in can have their separate defaults. Whenever you load the VST or AU version of this plug-in from Live's browser as of now, the specific default parameter configuration is applied to Live's plug-in device.
Please note that such a default parameter configuration is different to a plug-in preset - it just restores which parameters are available initially in Live's plug-in device, but not their actual values. You can save and load plug-in presets from Live's plug-in device or from the custom plug-in window, depending on whether you are using VST or AU plug-ins.
The default itself is saved in the Defaults folder of your User Library. You can delete it from this location at any time to revert to the initial behaviour.
Please see Live's manual to learn more about using plug-ins.