iLok crashes on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Live Versions: Live 9.2.3 and later
- Operating System: WIN 8.1, WIN 10
Since Live 9.2.3 plugins that use iLok / PACE software may crash Live 64-bit.
PACE have already issued a fix and as of Early 2017, most plug-in manufacturers have updated their affected plug-ins. Some manufacturers may not have done so yet.
The 32-bit version of Live is unaffected, but for 64-bit users, the workaround is as follows:
- Navigate to the Live program folder: C:/ProgramData/Ableton/Live 9.2.3. You may need to show hidden folders to see this location.
- Right-click "Ableton Live 9.exe"
- Select "Properties" and choose the "Compatibility" tab.
- Under "Compatibility Mode" choose "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose Windows 8 from the menu.
- In Live, please go to the preferences → File Folder → hold ALT → "Rescan" plugins to completely rescan plugins.