Differences in sound when opening Live Sets with Live 9.5
- Live Versions: 9.5 and later
- Operating System: ALL
A number of improvements to Warping and device filters might slightly affect the sound of Live Sets, Live Clips or presets saved prior to Live 9.5.
- Previously, transposition for Audio Clips warped with Complex or Complex Pro would be limited to 36 semitones, even if Tranpose was set to values above 36 or below -36. This limitation is not active anymore, thus Clips set to extreme transposition values will sound different when played back with Live 9.5.
Transposing audio Clips with Complex/Pro is not limited to 36 semitones anymore
- In some rare cases, transposing Audio Clips could previously introduce artifacts when the Complex/Pro algorithm tried to preserve the correct formant spectrum. This has now been corrected, thus some Audio Clips might sound slightly different in Live 9.5.
- Live 9.5 comes with an improved filter smoothing algorithm for Auto Filter, Operator, Simpler and Sampler. Thus, filter automation, especially sudden changes of the Cutoff frequency, can in some cases sound different.
Very fast or stepped filter automation sounds much better in Live 9.5
- Changes in sound will also appear once the above mentioned device filters are upgraded to the new Live 9.5 filter types .