Unable to install and/or launch Live due to missing dll (Windows)
- Live Versions: 9 - 10
- Operating System: Windows
Some Windows users may receive an error about a missing .dll when installing or launching Live, similar to one of the following:
- If using Windows 10, you need to update Windows 10 completely.
- If using Windows 10 N, you need to install the Windows 10 Media Feature pack.
- If using Windows 7 or 8 you need to install the Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- While Visual C++ is installed together with Live when performing a manual installation, it cannot be installed via automatic updates, thus it is necessary to install the Visual C++ package manually.