Max for Live Content in Max 7
- Live Versions: Live 9
- Operating System: ALL
Max 7 comes equipped with some new Max for Live devices that can be used both in Live, and in stand-alone Max 7 (Max Standalone license required).
These new devices are located inside the Application folder of Max 7, so you can follow this simple steps to add the devices location to your Live Browser.
Mac OS X:
These files will normally be installed to this location:
Max/Contents/Resources/C74/packages/Max for Live/patchers
To access this location:
- Navigate to 'Applications' → Max 7
- Control-click the App and select → 'Open Package Contents'.
- Navigate to the above folder location.
- These files can then be copied to the User Library or any other known location on your drive.
These files can then be copied to the User Library or any other known location on your drive.
These files will normally be installed to this location:32 bit:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Cycling '74\Max 7\resources\packages\Max for Live\patchers64 bit:
C:\Program Files\Cycling '74\Max 7\resources\packages\Max for Live\patchers
To add this to your Places location in Live's Browser, simply:
- Launch Live and select the 'Add Folder' button, in the Browser.
- Navigate to the filepath as above and click 'Ok'.
These files can also be copied to relevant folders in your User Library or to any other known location on your drive.
We also have a new Live Pack that utilizes these new devices: Max 7 Pitch and Time Machines.