How to run Live as Administrator (Windows)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8 and 7
Running Live as administrator gives the program a higher level of access to the operating system and can solve a variety of problems, for example:
- Importing certain samples, and other media files.
- VST plug-ins not running correctly, or licensing not being preserved.
- Problems installing Live Packs.
- Issues when running Live as ReWire client.
To run Live as administrator:
- Locate the Live icon on the Start Bar, Task Bar, or Desktop.
- Right-click the icon, and select the 'Run as administrator' option.
- You can also use the shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT and click the icon.
To permanently run Live as administrator:
- Right-click the Live icon from the Desktop, Start Bar or Task Bar.
- Choose 'Properties' from the list.
- Select the 'Compatibility' tab.
- From the 'Privilege Level' section, tick 'Run this program as an administrator'.