Installing third-party remote scripts
- Live Versions: 10.1.13 and above
- Operating System: All
Live includes a number of remote scripts (also called control surfaces) for natively-supported MIDI controllers.
A remote script is not always included in Live for every controller and may be provided directly by the manufacturer instead, such as the remote script for Native Instrument's Maschine. Third-party remote scripts need to be installed manually.
We do not provide technical support or assistance for third-party remote scripts. If you run into any problems with them please get in touch with the developer directly.
As of Live 10.1.13, it is possible to create a “Remote Scripts” folder in the User Library where you can add your third-party remote scripts. These scripts will then appear in Live's Preferences under Link/MIDI.
Any remote scripts placed in this folder will be loaded in all future Live versions as well.
- Download the remote script from the manufacturer's website.
- Manually create a folder called “Remote Scripts” within your User Library
The default User Library location:
Windows: \Users\[username]\Documents\Ableton\User Library
Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Music/Ableton/User Library
- Place the unzipped remote script into the "Remote Scripts" folder you just created.
- Launch Live.
- Open Live's Preferences → MIDI tab.
- Browse for the name of the remote script in the Control Surface dropdown.
- Assign the correct input and output ports.