Where can I get support for Max for Live?
- Live Versions: 8 - 9
- Operating System: ALL
Max for Live is a product developed in cooperation with Cycling '74.
For this reason, depending on the issue you should contact either Ableton or Cycling '74 for support with the product.
As a rule of thumb, anything happening before pushing the Edit button is handled by Ableton Support.
- Understanding of Max for Live device functionality in Live
- Content related questions
- Installation and authorization
- Compatibility questions
- Bugs in Max for Live Devices provided by Ableton
For any issue that takes place after pushing the Edit button, you should:
- Contact Cycling '74 Support for bugs when working in the Max editor.
- Contact Ableton Support for questions and problems related to Live's API.
- For issues with a specific Max for Live device not provided by Ableton, please contact the author of the device.
- If the Max device you have issues with is using third party objects, please contact the manufacturer of that device for support. Neither Ableton nor Cycling '74 can provide support for Max objects compiled by other manufacturers or developers.
- We cannot help our users in programming or fixing self generated patches. Consider using the Max for Live forum instead.