How to use a dedicated Max for Live installation
- Live Versions: 9-10
- Operating System: All
With Live 10, Max for Live is bundled with your Live installation. Once you've installed Live, Max for Live is ready to use. However if you want to use a dedicated Max installation instead this is also possible (10.0.6 and later).
Note: In Live 9 there's no option to use a bundled version, you have to install Max separately.
Step 1: Install Max for Live
- Download the latest version of Max 8 directly from the Cycling 74 website.
- Unzip the downloaded file, launch the Max installer and follow the instructions to install Max on your computer.
Step 2: Choose the standalone Max application in Live's Preferences
- Open Live's Preferences → File Folder → Max Application.
- By default it's set to use the bundled version.
- Instead, click "Browse", locate the standalone version of Max and click "Open".
- Then restart Live for the change to take effect.