Installing Max for Live separately
- Live Versions: 9-10
- Operating System: All
With Live 10, Max for Live is bundled with your Live installation. Once you've installed Live, Max for Live is ready to use. However you can also install Max separately if required (10.0.6 and later). With Live 9 Max must be installed separately, there is no bundled version.
1. Installing Max for Live
- Download the latest version of Max 8 directly from the Cycling 74 website.
- Unzip the downloaded file, launch the Max installer and follow the instructions to install Max on your computer.
2. Choose the Max application in Live's Preferences
- Open Live's Preferences → File Folder → Max Application.
- Click "Browse" and locate the standalone version of Max.
Note: In Live 9 there's no option to use a bundled version, you have to use a separate installation.