Setting up a Novation Launchpad
- Live Versions: 8-10
- Operating System: All
Accessing Bundled Software
The Launchpad is compatible with all tiers of Live (Intro/Standard/Suite), but comes bundled with a free license for Ableton Live Lite.
Launchpad X & Launchpad Mini MK3
The latest generation of Launchpad devices require Ableton Live 10.1.3 or above.
- How to set up the Launchpad X with Ableton Live 10
- How to set up the Launchpad Mini MK3 with Ableton Live 10
Live 9 & 10
- If using the MK1, download the correct driver here, otherwise skip to step 2.
- Connect the Launchpad to your computer and start Live. The correct Control Surface should already be automatically selected. In case this does not happen or you need to change it:
- Open Live's Preferences (CTRL+, / CMD+,) and show the MIDI/Sync tab.
- In one of the available Control Surface choosers, select the Launchpad which matches your device. Please note: The MK2 and Pro have their own listings, for the MK1, Mini, and S use the "Launchpad" option.
- In the related Input and Output choosers, select Launchpad as well:
- Make sure that the MIDI ports for the Launchpad are configured correctly. Enable "Track" and "Remote" for the Launchpad's inputs and outputs.
- For the Launchpad MK2 and Pro, you will also need to enable the output Sync port.
In Live 8 there is only one Launchpad Control Surface available, called simply "Launchpad". This supports the MK1, Mini, and S models. The MK2 or Pro are not supported.
Tutorial Videos from Novation
Novation also have an excellent series of videos explaining how to set up the Launchpad with Live. Check them out on their site: Launchpad Tutorial Videos