"Re-enable Automation" keeps lighting up
- Live Versions: 10
- Operating System: All
The Re-enable Automation button unexpectedly lights up as soon as Arrangement playback is started or when a set is opened.
The problem could be caused by:
- Third-party plug-ins - some of them reset specific parameters when playback is started. This may happen for valid reasons, but could also indicate plug-in problems.
- MIDI feedback loops - these are caused by certain connected MIDI hardware. The settings on the hardware and/or in Live and can cause constant firing of MIDI data to Live.
- Broken MIDI controllers - they might send erratic MIDI data to Live.
How to solve the issue:
- By removing third-party plug-ins from the Live set one by one, find the problematic plug-in(s) and notify us about it.
- Get rid of MIDI feedback loops by changing the port settings in Live or the MIDI hardware settings.
- Check the MIDI mappings in the Live's mapping browser or disconnect the MIDI controllers.