Customs fees and additional taxes for orders
From 1 January 2015, telecommunications, broadcasting and electronic services will always be taxed in the country where the customer resides. Further information regarding this change can be found in this article by the European Commission.
- Luxembourg: 17% VAT
- Malta: 18% VAT
- Cyprus, Romania, Germany: 19% VAT
- Austria, France, United Kingdom, Estonia, Bulgaria and Slovakia: 20% VAT
- Belgium, Spain, Czech Republic, Latvia, Lithuania and the Netherlands: 21% VAT
- Italy and Slovenia: 22% VAT
- Ireland, Poland and Portugal: 23% VAT
- Finland and Greece: 24% VAT
- Sweden, Denmark and Croatia: 25% VAT
- Hungary: 27% VAT
This information can be seen in more detail in this article by the European Commission.
Prices for non-physical products ordered from Norway include 25% VAT. For physical products, import duties and taxes are collected after the shipment has crossed the border.
Prices for non-physical products ordered from Switzerland include 8% VAT. For physical products over a value of CHF 300, 8% VAT and any import duties are collected after the shipment has crossed the border. Further information can be found here.
Prices for non-physical products ordered from Japan include 8% VAT. For physical products, import duties and taxes are collected after the shipment has crossed the border.
In the US we don't charge additional sales tax except in the following states:
- California: 7.25% of the sale price of physical goods excluding shipping costs (8.75% in Pasadena).
- Tennessee: Between 8.5% and 9.5% on all products and shipping costs.
In most other countries, import duties and taxes are collected after the shipment has crossed the border and vary according to the laws of that country. Import duties and taxes are to be paid by the recipient and are collected/invoiced by the shipping courier/postal service.
As import duties and taxes are subject to frequent change, they are not included in the total amount of an order, since we are unable calculate them when orders are placed. If you have questions about this, please contact your local customs authority.