Unable to undo more than one step at a time
- Live Versions: 8.1 - current
- Operating System: All
Certain Max for Live devices use the "Auto-Dice" function (“Buffer Shuffler” is one such device). This creates many undo steps in the undo history. This makes it difficult to undo any other actions in a set.
The “Auto-Dice” function randomizes all steps (“live.grid” objects). As the live.grid objects are bound to Live's undo function, each change in these grids will add to the undo history.
- Open the Max for Live device editor.
- Right-Click on one of the live.grid objects and select “Inspector”.
- Set the “Parameter Visibility” option from “Stored Only” to “Hidden”.
- Repeat this step with the other live.grid object.
- Save the Max device, ideally under a different name.