Unable to undo due to certain Max for Live devices
- Live Versions: 8.1 - current
- Operating System: All
Certain Max for Live devices use the "Auto-Dice" function (for example “Buffer Shuffler” is one such device).
The “Auto-Dice” function randomizes all steps (“live.grid” objects). As the live.grid objects are bound to Live's undo function, each change in these grids will add to the undo history. This makes it difficult to undo any other actions in a set.
- Open the Max for Live device editor.
- Right-Click on one of the live.grid objects and select “Inspector”.
- Set the “Parameter Visibility” option from “Stored Only” to “Hidden”.
- Repeat this step with the other live.grid object.
- Save the Max device, ideally under a different name.