Certain Max for Live devices create lots of undo steps
- Live Versions: 8.1 - current
- Operating System: All
Certain Max for Live devices use the "Auto-Dice" function (such as “Buffer Shuffler”). This creates many undo steps in the undo history. This makes it difficult to undo any other actions in a set.
The “Auto-Dice” function randomizes all steps (“live.grid” objects). As the live.grid objects are bound to Live's undo function, each change in these grids will add to the undo history.
Example solution for Buffer Shuffler
- Open Buffer Shuffler in the Max editor.
- Right-Click on one of the live.grid objects and select “Inspector”.
- Set the “Parameter Visibility” option from “Stored Only” to “Hidden”.
- Repeat this step with the other live.grid object.
- Save the Max device, ideally under a different name, e.g. “BufferShuffler-NoUndo.amxd”.