Live does not appear as ReWire slave in Pro Tools
- Live Versions: 1 - 9
- Operating System: All
Live is not appearing as an instrument in Pro Tools.
Live was installed after Pro Tools. Pro Tools would only scan for Rewire instruments after its initial installation.
In order to make Live (or any other ReWire application installed after Pro Tools) appear in Pro Tools, you will need to force it to rescan for these ReWire instruments:
- Navigate to the the following directory:
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10:
Mac OS X:
Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools/
Note: These folders may be hidden on your computer, here is how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac.
- Delete the file "InstalledAAXPlugIns".
- Re-open Pro Tools. Find out more about how to set up Live with Pro Tools via ReWire here.
In case deleting the "InstalledAAXPlugIns" file did not solve the issue:
- Check if "DigiRewire" has been wrapped by using Novation's Automap.
- If so, remove the file "DigiRewire (Automap).dpm" from Pro Tools' plug-in folder - or use Automap to remove the wrapper.