Authorizing Live 4 and 5
- Live Versions: 4 and 5
- Operating System: All
Before working with Ableton products, it is necessary to authorize them for use with your computer. Due to changes on the Ableton server, older Live versions like Live 4 and Live 5 can only be authorized offline:
- First, install Live on the computer that you wish to use it on. Live 4 and Live 5 can be downloaded from the Download Archive.
- When starting Live, you will see a dialog to enter your Live serial number:
- Live will display another dialog window in which the Hardware-Code of your computer is shown, as well as further information regarding the Offline Authorization process:
- Please note down the Hardware-Code of your computer and log-in to your Ableton User Account. Select the Live 4 or Live 5 license from the license chooser and click on "authorize offline":
- Enter your hardware code into the first four text boxes and leave the remaining two boxes empty:
- Click "Download". The Ableton server will generate an authorization (.txt) file to authorize Live.
- In Live, click "Load Unlock Key" to load the downloaded authorization file.