"The folder you're trying to use already exists. You can only install Live to a new folder" (Windows)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows
When attempting to install Live, Windows presents the following error message:
If the current version of Live is already installed, then the installation folder also already exists. This prevents Windows from creating that folder again if you're re-installing the same version of Live.
Uninstall the existing Live installation using these instructions. Then install a fresh version of Live once again.
In case uninstalling does not work, you can delete the existing folder from your computer before re-installing.
- Go to the Windows control panel and select "Folder Options" and then "View"
- Under hidden files and folders, select "Show hidden files and folder types"
- Now the C:/ProgramData folder should be visible and you can delete the Ableton folder manually
- Then install the new version of Live