Setting up ASI04ALL with an audio interface (Win)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Win
ASIO4ALL is a freeware universal audio driver for Windows which supports ASIO.
If your audio interface already has a native ASIO driver, we recommend to use that. However, if your interface does not come with a native ASIO driver, or if you are experiencing issues using the current driver then you can use ASIO4ALL instead.
To set up ASIO4ALL with an audio interface, you'll need to take these steps:
- 1. Download and install the latest version of ASIO4ALL.
- 2. Launch Live and open Live's audio preferences. Click on "Hardware Setup". The ASIO4ALL window will pop up.
- 3. On the left-hand side, click on the "+" to the left of your audio interface, then enable the inputs and outputs by clicking on the "power button" next to them. Note: it is recommended to only enable a single audio interface in ASIO4ALL. The following screenshot shows this for an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, using inputs and outputs 1/2:
- 4. On that screen you can adjust the audio buffer size using the sliding bar at the bottom of the window.
- 5. Then launch Live and choose ASIO as the driver type, and ASIO4ALL v2 as the audio device: