Setting up ASIO4ALL (Windows)
- Live Versions: All
- Operating System: Windows
ASIO4ALL is a freeware universal audio driver for Windows which supports ASIO.
If your audio interface already has a native ASIO driver, we recommend to use that. However, if your interface does not come with a native ASIO driver, or if you are experiencing issues using the current driver then you can use ASIO4ALL instead.
To set up ASIO4ALL, take these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of ASIO4ALL.
- Launch Live and open Live's Preferences --> Audio.
- Choose ASIO as the Driver Type and ASIO4ALL v2 as the Audio Device:
- Click on Hardware Setup. The ASIO4ALL window will pop up.
- On the left-hand side, click on the "+" to the left of your audio interface, then enable the inputs and outputs by clicking on the "power button" next to them.
- On that screen you can adjust the audio buffer size using the sliding bar at the bottom of the window.
Note: If you are using a Focusrite interface from the Scarlett Range, we suggest uninstalling ASIO4ALL since it seems to conflict with Focusrite's proprietary driver.