Push 2 Display Driver installation issues (Win)
- Live Versions: Live 9.5 and later
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8 and 10
Reinstalling the Push 2 Display Driver
If Push 2 does not initialize, please reinstall the driver by doing the following:
- disconnect Push 2 and navigate to the Device Manager.
- from the View menu, select "Show hidden devices".
- under 'Universal Serial Bus devices" you will see any older iterations of the Push 2 Display drivers.
- Right-click each instance of "Push 2 Display Driver" and select "uninstall".
- Please then connect Push 2 to another USB port.
- Allow the Drivers to install once again, by launching Live.
- Switch Push off and on again, using the power switch at the back.
Manual Installation of Push 2 Display Driver
Under certain circumstances, the Push 2 Display driver cannot be installed automatically by Live. In this case, it is still possible to do that manually.
To do so, run the installer by double clicking the 'Push2-display-driver-installer' executable from the Ableton Live Program Folder, which is located under:
C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Redist
Please note that the ProgramData folder is hidden by default on Windows, thus it is necessary to enable the OS to display hidden files and folder.
On some systems, it might be necessary to run this process as Administrator. This option is available via the context menu by right clicking on the driver installer.
Further troubleshooting articles can be found on this link.